The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust (WBVT) works in partnership with the Wiltshire Police to provide a home security service for elderly, vulnerable and disadvantaged people throughout Wiltshire. The charity funds the operation of three Bobby vans that provide mobile workshops for Bobby operators. Our new team of Stay Safe Online Volunteers also offer advice on keeping safe online. For our latest news check the Blog section of our website, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Registered Charity No. 1153790
The Trust strives to help people in Wiltshire and Swindon by:
- Improving security of domestic premises occupied by the elderly, vulnerable to prevent burglary, hate crime and domestic abuse;
- Reducing incidence of repeat burglary and re-victimisation;
- Promoting awareness of fire safety, detection and prevention;
- Offering reassurance and advice on crime reduction, and sign-posting other agencies that may be of assistance to clients’ particular needs; and,
- Providing practical skills and advice to help prevent online fraud.
KINDLY SUPPORTED BY
See below for information about keeping up-to-date with the Wiltshire and Swindon Community Messaging service, and also the latest feed from the WBVT Twitter and Facebook accounts.
What is it?
- FREE messages from your local Community Policing Team about policing and crime matters in your area.
- FREE messages from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service relevant to your local area.
- You can receive free messages by email, text or voicemail.
- You can choose which organisations to receive messages from and the type of information you receive.
- Currently messages are being sent by Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire and Swindon Neighbourhood Watch, Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service and Action Fraud. Messages are also now sent from Farm Watch via Community Messaging.
- You can reply to messages, for example from your local police officers with information to help them better police your area.
- You can also join a neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area or request to start a new one.
- Swindon Community Messaging aims to improve the flow of information between communities and the local police and fire service.